Trainer Points are a measurement of the player's capability and experience as a dog trainer in Nintendogs. These points are used to measure the player's rank as a trainer, unlock new breeds and interiors, unlock certain items in the local store, and allows them to teach advanced tricks to their dogs.
Trainer Point AccumulationEdit
- Winning a contest = 100 Trainer Points earned
- Placing second in contest = 70 Trainer Points earned
- Placing third in a contest = 50 Trainer Points earned
- Losing a contest = 30 Trainer Points earned
- Taking a dog for a walk = 75 to 200 Trainer Points earned. Some results have 0 Trainer Points
- Brushing the dog = 1 Trainer Point earned per minute
- Successful friendship with another trainer's dog = 10 to 30 Trainer Points earned
- Bathing the dog = 10 to 30 Trainer Points earned
- Perfect timing on feeding = 10 to 30 Trainer Points earned
- Interacting with the pet (petting, toys, etc.) = 1 to 3 Trainer Points earned
- Teaching the dog a new trick = 1 to 10 Trainer Points earned
Losing Trainer Points Edit
- Using records that scare your puppy (especially Surprise Record)
- Neglecting your puppy for a number of days.
- Forgetting to pick up poop on walks
- Fighting with the neighbors' dogs on walks
- Bumping into your dog with the Mario Kart, Peach Kart, Bowser Kart, etc.
- Overwork the dog
- Playing with toys that scare the dog (Balloon, dog photo, bubble blower, meteorite, etc.)
- Making your dog angry (Tricks, Toreador Record, etc)
- Puppy Love = 2 points
- Adoration = 100 points
- Archie Level = 300 points
- Amateur Trainer = 1,000 points
- Semi-Pro Trainer = 2,000 points
- Pro Trainer = 3,000 points
- Junior Handler = 5,000 points
- Top Handler = 7,000 points
- Star Handler = 10,000 points
- Dog Tamer = 15,000 points
- Veteran Tamer = 20,000 points
- Charismatic Tamer = 30,000 points
- The General = 50,000 points
- Dog Master = 70,000 points
- Nintendogs Master = 99,999 points
- There is an exploit to get as many Trainer Points as possible. The player must leave their dog as they brush them, especially for an extended amount of time.
- To check your Trainer Points, go to your "Go out Menu", then "Info", then "Trainer Info".
- If a dog is left idle on the grooming screen for a while, there will be a boost in Trainer Points.