Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Shiba Inu is a breed of dog available in Nintendogs and its 3DS sequel. It is the Japanese-only mascot of Nintendogs, in place of Labrador Retriever, and Nintendogs + Cats, in place of Golden Retriever.
Description and Temperament
DS: "A breed originating in Ancient Japan, its small, muscular body and curly tail are its best features."
3DS (NTSC): "A breed originating in Japan, its small, muscular body and curly tail are its best features."
3DS (PAL): "A breed originating in Japan, it is known for its small muscular body and curly tail."
Unlocking the Breed
- Labrador & Friends: Starter Breed
- Dachshund & Friends: 4,000 Trainer Points
- Chihuahua & Friends: 30,000 Trainer points
- Dalmatian & Friends: By finding the Japanese Print Collar
- Best Friends: 45,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: 9,800 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 9,800 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: Starter Breed
Nintendogs + Cats
In Nintendogs + Cats, the Shiba Inu comes in Red and Black & Tan. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a tan, tan with a dark stripe, brown, white, white with a dark stripe or grey Shiba Inu.
Four neighbors own Shiba Inus. They are: