The Shiba Inu is a breed of dog available in Nintendogs and its 3DS sequel. It is the Japanese-only mascot of Nintendogs, in place of Labrador Retriever, and Nintendogs + Cats, in place of Golden Retriever.
Description and Temperament
DS: "A breed originating in Ancient Japan, its small, muscular body and curly tail are its best features."
3DS (NTSC): "A breed originating in Japan, its small, muscular body and curly tail are its best features."
3DS (PAL): "A breed originating in Japan, it is known for its small muscular body and curly tail."
Unlocking the Breed
- Labrador & Friends: Starter Breed
- Dachshund & Friends: 4,000 Trainer Points
- Chihuahua & Friends: 30,000 Trainer points
- Dalmatian & Friends: By finding the Japanese Print Collar
- Best Friends: 45,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: 9,800 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 9,800 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: Starter Breed
Nintendogs + Cats
In Nintendogs + Cats, the Shiba Inu comes in Red and Black & Tan. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a tan, tan with a dark stripe, brown, white, white with a dark stripe or grey Shiba Inu.
Four neighbors own Shiba Inus. They are: