Description and TemperamentEdit
- DS: "Bred in England as a herding dog, its elegant, long-haired coat and kind face make it a popular breed."
- 3DS: "Bred in Scotland as a herding dog, its elegant coat and kind face make it a popular breed."
The Shetland Sheepdog (often called the "Sheltie" for short) is extremely bright, extremely sensitive, and extremely eager to please. This combination makes for a dog that is obedient, quick to learn, and utterly devoted to its family, It is not only gentle, playful, amiable, and companionable, but is also excellent with children, although it can nip heels at play. This breed was ranked 6th out of 132 when tested for intelligence.
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Dalmatian & Friends: 4,000 Trainer Points
- Dachshund & Friends: 14,000 Trainer Points
- Chihuahua & Friends: Starter Breed
- Labrador & Friends: 16,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: 4,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: 5,800 Owner Points or play 21 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 600 Owner Points or play 5 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: Starter Breed
Nintendogs + Cats ColorsEdit
In Nintendogs + Cats, the Shetland Sheepdog comes in Sable & White, Bicolor, and Tricolor. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a brown-and-white, a dark gray-and-white with a somewhat Husky pattern, a monochrome (black-and-white) version of the Tricolour, a silver-and-white, or a pure white Sheltie. The white Shelties appear to have silvery rings around their eyes, creating goggle-like patterns.
Three neighbors own Shelties. They are:
- Pik, owned by Shiggy
- Fido, owned by Bob
- Pepper, owned by Noah ( PAL: Dina, owned by Kirill )
- A Shetland Sheepdog named Pikku was the inspiration for Nintendogs.
- Pikku was also Shigeru Miyamoto's dog.