3DS: "This puppy originated in ancient China. The wrinkly face and curly tail are its cutest features."
DS: "This breed originated in ancient China. Its wrinkly face and curly tail are its identifying features."
The Pug first originated in China around the time of the Shang Dynasty, around 400 BC, and was later popularized in the Netherlands. The wrinkles on its face that give it a cute appearance to some but an ugly appearance to others are caused by its "pushed in" snout. Perhaps one of their best features is their adaptability: Pugs can learn to love any lifestyle.
A famous Pug in popular culture is Frank the Pug from the movie Men in Black.
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Dachshund & Friends: Starter Breed
- Labrador & Friends: 2,000 Trainer Points
- Chihuahua & Friends: 35,000 Trainer Points
- Dalmatian & Friends: 16,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: 14,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: 600 Owner Points or playing 5 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: Starter Breed
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 7,400 Owner Points or playing 25 days in a row
- Strangely, while the other DS versions take under 5,000 Trainer Points to unlock, the "remakes" (Dalmatian, Best) take over 10,000.
Nintendogs + CatsEdit
In Nintendogs + Cats, Pugs come in Silver, Black, and Apricot. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a grey-and-white pug or a pure white pug. Oddly enough, when the player chooses "Black", some of the pugs may be an extremely dark brown.
Two of your neighbors own Pugs. They are: