The Pomeranian (German: Zwergspitz) is a breed of dog introduced in Nintendogs + Cats, coursing and frisbee. It is a new breed and only comes on the Nintendogs + Cats version. It comes from the Pomerania region of Northeast Germany and Northwest Poland.
3DS (NTSC): "Originally from Germany, this breed is known for its luxurious coat and bright, shiny eyes."
3DS (PAL): "A breed from Germany, it is known for its glossy, abundant coat and bright shiny eyes."
Pomeranians, affectionately known as Poms, originated from northern sled dogs such as the Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, and Samoyed so they still have a "big dog" attitude. Pomeranians are highly intelligent, but headstrong, as their dreams are bigger than their bodies! Its long and luxurious coat, as well as its shiny eyes, are some of its best features, but that coat also needs lots of maintenance. They are known for their cute and cuddly appearance and also have short legs. They are portrayed in many forms of media as standing up to bigger dogs but also intelligent.
One very well-known Pom is Mr. Muggles from the TV show Heroes. He is not a major character but also appears in the graphic novels and is well known for his cute and cuddly appearance, a typical Pomeranian. According to some sources, Michelangelo also owned a Pomeranian, and rumors state that he did some of his best work with his Pom.
The Pomeranian comes in Orange, Black & Tan, and Parti-Color. If the player chooses "Suprise Me!" they may find a white, a white with gray patches, or a parti-color gray Pomeranian but they are very rare.
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: Starter Breed
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 2,100 Owner Points or play 11 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 5,800 Owner Points or play 21 days in a row
- Chibi, owned by Mina (PAL: Cloe, owned by Roberta)
- When a pomeranian growls,its bark will be a little low pitched.
- Golden Retriever, Malteses and Toy Poodles also have that bark.
- If you look through the 'Orange' section of Poms, you may find a yellow/golden Pom. This is also consistent in the Cocker Spaniel and Miniature Dachshund.