DS: "This sheepdog hails from Britain and is beloved by English royalty. It has stamina on par with larger breeds."
3DS: "This short-legged herder from Wales is light on its feet and has the stamina of larger dogs."
With its short legs and ordinary body and head size, the Corgi is cute. However, the Corgi can thank its short legs for its survival, as the breed was created as a herding dog. Whenever a cow or sheep would kick its hind hooves out, the hooves would pass safely over the Corgi's head. The Pembroke Welsh Corgi comes in many colors and coat variations, but the AKC restricts dog show qualification to only five color patterns. Also, according to the AKC, the Pembroke Welsh Corgi should have short fur. A Pembroke with long fur is often called a "fluffy" and shouldn't be entered in a dog show.
Famous Pembroke Welsh Corgis include the many owned by Queen Elizabeth II of England and Ein the datadog from the anime Cowboy Bebop.
Corgis are famous for competing in various dog sports due to being highly intelligent, tenacious, and willing dogs. If you ask them to do something, they will do it!
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Labrador & Friends: Starter Breed
- Chihuahua & Friends: 20,000 Trainer Points
- Dalmatian & Friends: 10,000 Trainer Points
- Dachshund & Friends: 10,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: 22,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: Starter Breed
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 7,400 Owner Points or play 25 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 2,100 Owner Points or play 11 days in a row
Nintendogs + CatsEdit
In the sequel, Nintendogs + Cats, the Corgi comes in Sable & White and Tricolor. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a white Corgi with black patches, a white Corgi with black and brown patches, or a pure white Corgi.
- Max/Pirat, owned by Carmen/Tanya
- Lucky, owned by Noah
- Busy Bee, owned by Brighid