Owners are people you can meet on walks. They can be NPCs or they can be people you meet during Bark Mode (Nintendogs) or Streetpass (Nintendogs + Cats). In Nintendogs + Cats, you can also see owners via Spotpass DLC.
In Nintendogs Edit
In Nintendogs, when you go for a walk, when you pass through the ? boxes, they could be owners or presents. If you bump into an owner, one of the following quotes will pop up, along with, "It's (Owner's Dog), out for a walk."
- "You and (Owner) have some time to talk."
- "You and (Owner) have some time to chat."
- "(Owner) has some well-intentioned advice for you."
- "(Owner) has a little well-intentioned advice for you."
- "(Owner) has some stern words for you."
The owner will then proceed to talk to you.
In Nintendogs + Cats Edit
In Nintendogs + Cats, the owner will just say a simple "Good morning", "Hello", "Good evening", etc., and then skip ahead to the conversation.
- The owner will only have stern words if you don't pick up your dog's poop.
- When giving advice, the owner gives out tips on how to play the game rather than giving random advice.
- The conversations are almost always directly about dogs. The only times they are not directly about dogs are when you neglect the dog, don't pick up the poop, when giving advice, or when they say a cat marks their territory in their house. This only occurs in Nintendogs.
- In Nintendogs + Cats, the conversations have more topics, whereas in Nintendogs, the conversations are mainly about dogs/how to play the game.