Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lure Coursing (Japanese: ルアーコーシング Lure Coursing) is a competition that replaces Agility Trial on Nintendogs + Cats. The player has to spin the lure's reel clockwise on the Touch Screen so they can go as fast as they can while their dog runs for it while they avoid obstacles.
Avoiding obstacles along the way. However, if they go too fast, the dog will lose sight of the lure and slow down. If this happens, the player can turn the reel counterclockwise to send the lure back toward the puppy. If their puppy catches the lure , pressing the button in the middle of the reel to honk or spinning the lure's reel clockwise helps get the puppy to let go.
In the Junior Cup, it is pretty simple. There are no obstacles and there are only turns. The player has to make sure their dog has been trained with enough speed before entering the competition.
In the Amateur Cup, the player is introduced to path crossings, where they have to be careful with their timing and speed. The player's puppy may slow down if their puppy runs into another while crossing paths.
In the Pro Cup, the player starts encountering hurdles, where they must pull the lure to the white area just beyond the hurdle, stop, and honk the lure's horn to get their puppy to jump over the hurdle. Once their puppy jumps, they must start reeling the lure again so their puppy does not catch it.
In the Master Cup, there are more path crossings, hurdles and turns. However, some hurdles are three poles tall rather than one pole, making it more difficult for the player's puppy to make it over.
In the Nintendogs Cup, there will be many path crossings, hurdles and turns. If the player's puppy is not fast enough, one mistake could cost them first place. If they come in first place they will receive $500 and the Victory Collar. Please note that the player can receive only one Victory Collar per pet.
There are 5 different levels of lure quality; starting out in the Junior Cup and advancing to the Amateur, Pro, Master and Nintendogs Cups. These are the same as two other competitions as well. As the player advances through the lure coursing competitions, they may need to upgrade to a new lure every once in a while. The starter lures include Red Lure, Blue Lure, Pink Lure, and Yellow Lure. The second level of quality includes the Banana Lure, the Rabbit Lure, the Steak Lure, and the Ballerina Shoe Lure. The third level of quality is the Bird Lure (Pro Lure) which is also the highest quality lure. Once the player has enough Owner Points, they can receive the Rainbow Lure from Mr. R for exchanging materials, which is the fastest lure in the game. It is recommended to upgrade the puppy's lure only when the puppy gets too fast for the previous one that the player is using. Give it time to build up to the faster lures, otherwise it will lose interest.
The player can practice for Lure Coursing at the Gym, which can be accessed by taking the Downtown route. It is recommended to practice there at least twice a day for no more than ten minutes per visit.
Note: Remember that the way you care for your dog will affect the dogs' performance.
- Always check hunger and thirst levels before a competition. If your dog is thirsty, give it some water or formula. If your dog is hungry, give it the appropriate food to maintain an Ideal weight. Using "Premium Canned Food" and "Formula" earn more Owner Points if the dog is Ideal weight.
- Remember that practice makes perfect.
- Take the Downtown Route during walks to practice Lure Coursing at the Gym. Using items like the Mario Kart RC Racers, Flying Discs, and boomerangs can also improve the dog's speed.
- Take the Mountain Route OR Downtown Route to Seaside Route to practice Frisbee at the Mountain or Seaside Park. Use a Frisbee to practice returning the toy; use a Boomerang to encourage jumping for the toy. Mountain Park is useful for normal retrieving. Seaside Park's sand will slow your dog, but will train them for running faster through sand pits during competitions.
- Practice at Home, at the Cafe Petrov, or at a Park each Trick needed for Obedience competitions. Always give a treat if the Trick is performed. Wait until Sit, Stand, Lie Down, etc. is completed before giving a treat to practice holding the trick for a longer time.
- Wash your dog if needed, but having them absolutely filthy does not affect overall performance.
- Junior Cup: Turn right, turn left.
- Amateur Cup: Turn right, path crossing, turn right, path crossing.
- Pro Cup: Turn left, one-pole hurdle, turn right, path crossing, turn right, one-pole hurdle.
- Master Cup: Path crossing, turn right, one-pole hurdle, turn right, one-pole hurdle, turn left, three-pole hurdle, turn left, path crossing.
- Nintendogs Cup: One-pole hurdle, path crossing, turn right, path crossing, three-pole hurdle, turn right, turn left, turn right, one-pole hurdle, three-pole hurdle, turn right, path crossing.