Description and Temperament Edit
3DS: "This French breed is known for its big, round eyes and rabbit-like ears that stick straight up."
Contrary to popular belief (and its name), French Bulldogs actually come from England, not France. English seamstresses took their French Bulldogs with them wherever they traveled, and at some point when many were in France, the breed picked up the name "French Bulldog."
French Bulldogs are intelligent but independent, loving to be with their owners. Their short snouts, wide chests, and short legs make them look cute to some and ugly to others. They are generally well-behaved and friendly. The French Bulldog hasn't been seen much in popular culture, being overlooked in favor or more popular breeds, but they can easily be spotted somewhere outside the spotlight.
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: 0 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 0 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: Starter Breed
- Milo: owned by Diane (competitions only)
- Sam: owned by Sophie (competitions only)
As a Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U Edit
"This is one of the many adorable dogs you can care for in Nintendogs + Cats. It's hard for them to wag their little tails, but they make up for it with that cute face. In Smash Bros., they want to get right up in your face, blocking your view of the battle. They just want to be loved!"
"This is one of the many adorable dogs you can take care of in Nintendogs + Cats. They aren't big tail-waggers, but they have the cutest little faces. In this game, one might come right up to the screen and block your view! It just wants to play, so don't get annoyed, OK?"
- Milo, the french bulldog only seen in competitions, may be a reference to the dog treat brand, Milo's Kitchen.