The Flying Disc is a frisbee the player can throw for their dog to catch. A disc is used mainly in a park where there is more room to practice than, say, in your home. This practicing will be for the Disc Competition, a frisbee contest. To throw a disc, you simply drag the disc towards the bottom of the screen, quickly move it upwards then release the touch screen. The faster you move the disc upwards and the higher you drag the disc before release, the furthure and higher it will go.
The discs come in different shapes (and in some discs, sizes), and every disc comes in a different color. Every disc belongs to the Sports category. You can buy the Red Flying Disc and Blue Flying Disc in the Pet Supply & Discount Shops. The disc can be caught by a dog either by walking towards it, jumping, or even flipping for it. There are fifteen in total discs to collect in Nintendogs, while there are twleve to collect in Nintendogs + Cats.
Each disc set comes in five different models, Basic, Sponsor, Aerodisc, Camo, and Special. Each of the discs in these models have no differences other than color (besides the Special discs, which come in different shapes and sizes).
Basic - A disc which has "Flying Disc" engraved in a black outline in recursion and in the center has "Nintendo" engraved on it. There are three of these to collect.Edit
"This toy is great for play in wide-open areas. The basic model comes in three colors."
Sponsor (Or by the game's description, Official) - A disc with a Dachshund engraved on the center of it. The black outline has been replaced with inward plastic, aswell as the "Flying Disc" text has been replaced with "Nintendogs" (Written twice). There a two of these to collect.Edit
"This toy is great for play in wide-open areas. The official model comes in two colors."
Aerodisc - A disc much like a Sponsor Disc, it has some kind of Bulldog with a spiked collar engraved on it. There is no longer recursion, and it has "Nintendogs" engraved below the Bulldog. There are two of these to collect.Edit
"This toy is great for play in wide-open areas. Aerodiscs come in two colors."
Camo - As the name implies, is a disc dyed in camouflage. They have the same inward plastic outline as Sponsor Discs and Aerodiscs. There are two of these to collect.Edit
"This toy is great for play in wide-open areas. There are two comouflage patterns."
Special - An exotic disc which has many different shapes, sizes and colors unlike the other discs which are composed only of specific shapes and colors. An example is the UFO, as you throw a UFO spaceship instead of a typical disc. Another is the Life Saver, as you litterally throw a Life Saver as a typical disc. These act as any typical disc with a little 'twist' in shape and size. These are the hardest to find than the other Flying Discs. There are six of these to collect. If you throw the disc right, and your dog also catches it right, it will do a flip in the air with the disc. It will only do this with these six discs.Edit
|Blue Camo Disc||All||$4.00||Camo||Blue|
|Blue Flying Disc||All||$2.40||Basic||Blue|
|Green Sponsor Disc||All||$5.00||Sponsor||Green|
|Khaki Camo Disc||All||$4.00||Camo||Green|
|Red Flying Disc||All||$2.40||Basic||Red|
|Yellow Flying Disc||All||$2.40||Basic||Yellow|
|Yellow Sponsor Disc||All||$5.00||Sponsor||Yellow|
Nintendogs + CatsEdit
There are new kinds of discs in Nintendogs + Cats. Some of the colors are version exclusive. Discs can be used to throw in a Disc competition, in your home, or in the park. Below are all the version exclusive discs and the prices for them. Cats actually find discs interesting and will play with them.
Below are the lists of normal discs. They can be thrown at a short distance and can be bought from the main BARC shop for $16 each.
- Color: Red Flying Disc Cost: $16 Version: All
- Color: Blue Flying Disc Cost: $16 Version: Golden Retriever
- Color: Orange Flying Disc Cost: $16 Version: French Bulldog
- Color: Green Flying Disc Cost: $16 Version: Toy Poodle
Below is the list of Novice discs. They can be bought from the main BARC Shop for $24. Those discs can be thrown at a further distance than the normal ones. You have to get a certain amount of Owner Points prior to buying them.
- Disc: Lollipop Disc Cost: $24 Version: All versions
- Disc: Pizza Disc Cost: none Version: All versions (Downtown Route walk gift)
- Disc: Pot Lid Cost: none Version: All versions (Mountain Route walk gift)
- Disc: Hoop Cost: none Version: All versions (Seaside Route walk gift)
Below is the list of Pro discs. One of the Pro discs is special and can only be bought from the Recycle shop. The Pro discs are sold at the main BARC Shop for $30 each. They can be thrown at a very long distance, allowing the player to throw it to the further end of the park or the Disc Competition. Rainbow Disc needs 6200 Owner Points to unlock at Mr. Recycle.
- Disc: White Pro Flying Disc Cost: $30 Version: All versions
- Disc: Pink Pro Flying Disc Cost: $30 Version: Golden Retriever
- Disc: Yellow Pro Flying Disc Cost: $30 Version: French Bulldog
- Disc: Blue Pro Flying Disc Cost: $30 Version: Toy Poodle
- Disc: Rainbow Disc Cost: 2 Wood 3 Leather 2 Plastic 1 Stardust Version: All versions
- Aerodiscs are the only discs with a color not duplicated by another Flying Disc.
- Dachshund and Friends is the only version with only one version exclusive disc.
- The Pizza Disc and UFO is considered a favorite disc amongst owners.
- The UFO, Life Ring, Broken Clock, and Dartboard appear to be heavy, but are still able to be afloat.
- Basic discs sponsor Nintendo, unlike Sponsor Discs and Aerodiscs which sponsor Nintendogs.
- Sponsor Discs and Aerodiscs both sponsor Nintendogs and have the same inward plastic outline.
- Every disc except Special discs have the same in-game description.
- Sponsor Discs can also be called Official Discs. (Read in-game description).
- Special Discs are the only discs that don't have the same price for every model.
- Special Discs have the most disc models in the series.