The Chihuahua is a toy breed of dog in Nintendogs and its recent 3DS sequel. Chihuahuas are the smallest dogs in the world, weighing about 6 pounds or under. The breed is the mascot of one of the three DS Nintendogs games.
DS: "The world's smallest dog originated in Latin America. Its sparkling pupils and large ears give it its charm."
3DS: "The world's smallest dog originated in Mexico. Its large eyes and ears give it its charm."
The Chihuahua's namesake is Chihuahua, Mexico, where it originated. Being the world's smallest dog, it is hard to imagine this breed originating from the wolf, which is why scientists theorize that it actually originated from the small, desert-dwelling Fennec Fox. The Chihuahua is perfectly designed to be cute, with the features of its head being infant-like, right down to a soft spot in the front of its skull. They are portrayed in popular cultures as small, cute, and sometimes spoiled.
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Chihuahua & Friends: Starter Breed
- Dalmatian & Friends: 8,000 Trainer Points
- Dachshund & Friends: 45,000 Trainer Points
- Labrador & Friends: 50,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: 50,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: 5,800 Owner Points or playing 21 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 600 Owner Points or playing 5 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: Starter Breed
Nintendogs + CatsEdit
In Nintendogs + Cats, the Chihuahua comes in Cream, Red & White, and Tricolor, and it comes in shorthair and longhair. If the player chooses the "Surprise me!" option, they may find a brown Chihuahua with a black snout, a gray Chihuahua with a black snout, or a plain white Chihuahua.
Some of your neighbors have a Chihuahua. They are listed as follows. DS:
- Elroy, owned by Rich
- Coby, owned by Emily
- Murphy, owned by Ann
- Maxwell, owned by the kennel (Kennel Display Dog)
- Rebel/Lana, owned by Jacob/Alfredo
In Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends for the DS, you can have a variety of colors.
- Short Hair: Tan
- Long Hair: Tricolor (black and white with brown eyebrows), red and white, and cream.
- The cream long haired Chihuahua resembles Maxwell In the kennel. All these resemble the games: Chihuahua & Friends, Labrador & Friends, and Dachshund & Friends.
- In the original games, the chihuahua has four different coats: three long-haired coats (red, tricolor and cream), and one short-haired coat (tan). It has the most coats out of any other breed in the games.