Description and TemperamentEdit
The Boxer is playful, exuberant, inquisitive, attentive, demonstrative, devoted, and outgoing; it is the perfect companion for an active family. It can be stubborn, but is sensitive and responsive to commands. It may be aggressive towards strange dogs, but is generally good with other household dogs and pets. Boxers are very smart, making them one of the fastest dogs to train. They are very loving towards children and alphas, but may get rough at play. Boxers have a high cancer rate and also suffer from heart problems. It is very high in stamina and was bred down from the Bullenbeisser and English Bulldog.
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Dalmatian & Friends: Starter Breed
- Labrador & Friends: 10,000 Trainer Points.
- Chihuahua & Friends: Starter Breed
- Dachshund & Friends: 20,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: 10,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: Starter Breed
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 5,800 Owner Points or by playing 21 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 3,400 Owner Points or by playing 15 days in a row
Nintendogs + CatsEdit
In Nintendogs + Cats, the Boxer comes in Fawn & White and Brindle. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a white Boxer or a sort of tricolor Boxer in a Beagle-type pattern. When they choose "Brindle" they can sometimes find a pink-ish Boxer, a light grey one, or a very dark brown one.
In Nintendogs + Cats, the boxer had a drastic redesign. Unlike the boxers in the original games, their ears were not cropped and their tails were not docked.
2 of your neighbors own a Boxer
- Ally/Liz owns Benny/Rover
- Roberto/Bruno owns Moxy/Linda (Competitions only)